October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and if you know a brave survivor and want to hold a benefit, we have a perfect idea. Get together with your fellow scrapbookers and start scrapbooking for charity! All you need is a venue, some supplies, and a little creativity.
Here are some tips on hosting your own Scrapbooking for Survivors event:
- First, decide on where the proceeds of the event will go. Either donate to a breast cancer charity of your choice, or look to give the funds to a survivor or someone who is undergoing treatment.
- Next, choose a venue that’s accessible and easy for crafting. We recommend living rooms, event halls, and other similar settings. If you can, see if the venue will donate the space to save on costs.
- Once you have a venue, it’s time to start putting together your events. Basically, have the event be an opportunity to come together to learn scrapbooking. Charge an entry fee to cover the supplies and then teach attendees how to make a scrapbook of their very own. You can find tons of easy scrapbooking kits at MemoryScrapbooks.com.
- Don’t forget refreshments! Serve up pink foods and drinks in honor of breast cancer awareness.
- Give everyone a pink ribbon pin to show their support for the cause.
- Promote the event online, in the community, and anywhere else you can! Remember – the more people who get involved, the better!
- Also, think about events for non-scrapbookers, like basket raffles and games.
Do you have any other ideas on how to have a breast cancer event in your community? Share them with us in the comments!